Sunday 18 April 2010

Husband's Birthday card & butterfly punch card

I haven't made any cards in a few days, but made this car one for my husband's Birthday. I printed the background of all the little red cars as a watermark directly on the card. The car was a decoupage print out, which I stacked using foam squares. I then printed out the checked flag pieces and mounted them onto cocktail sticks. Finally I stamped an image of keys on the front and coloured in.



I bought myself a new toy the other week, a butterfly punch, so I couldn't wait to try it out. I punched the butterflies directly out of the card and the put a piece of pink card on the reverse to give a bit of colour and added some beads to the bodies.




8 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. You've inspired me to get my buterfly punch out, that card is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look fab I love the butterflies I may have to buy that punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous butterfly card, I think I need that punch! Fab car card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card- I have a punch like that but have yet to test it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards love the butterfly, and your racing car is so slick x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards, your hubby will be made up.. the flutterbies one is lovely too.. very effective :D Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever card for your hubby, and your butterfly card is lovely, I love the effect the pink card behind gives it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - love the butterfly one x

    ReplyDelete